New devices (coming soon) will be a big help in improving the way individuals are supported. Such as:
● Devices to offset the shortage of professional caregivers.
● Using monitors say in the off hours will lower the cost of support services.
These two videos, on how technology can be used to help with care giving, were created by the Center of Aging Service. It's a non profit association of foundations; academic and applied researchers; and health and social service providers:
● The first — Imagine the Future of Aging
You can view — "A glimpse, through the eyes of one family, of what the future of aging could look like with help from developing technologies that are possible, practical, and affordable."
● The second (scroll down the page) — Transforming an Aging Nation
You can listen to and learn from — "industry experts describing how these technologies can potentially improve health care, preserve independence, and ensure quality of life for seniors.
The three - Real Reasons People Decide to Buy Long Term Care Insurance described in this April 2020 article are informative.
This article from Jan 2019 highlights How to Afford Long Term Care.
However, MediCare does not pay for on-going assistance .It just covers acute care e.g. therapy in a nursing facility for just 20 days in full if the persons situation continues,
You can see on the Medicare.gov — What is Not Covered page — Long-term care (also called custodial care) is listed as the first bullet!
This program is an alliance between the state and the insurance industry formed to help individuals with the cost of coverage and help the state control MedicAid costs.
The Partnership's site includes pages such as:
● Planning Today for a Secure Tomorrow - Extensive information on the value of Long Term Care insurance and how the Connecticut Partnership program works.
● Their document on the - Cost of Waiting.is also useful
● The Administration on Aging site LongTermCare.gov has useful information to help individuals and their families think about and plan in case long term services and supports are needed.
● The Office of Personnel Management created a program for federal employees plus active and retired military members and qualified relatives. Individuals who can medical qualify may purchase Long Term Care insurance from the Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program Developed by a private company and it
˃ Reinforces the importance of private coverage
˃ Serves as "a statement from our government about the importance of long term care insurance".
● The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) formed an advisory council of private and public representatives to create a - Family Caregiver Strategy. They will look into Caregiver training - respite support - workplace policies - ways to increase financial security.
We can also talk about the parts of Long Term "Health" insurance which can meet your interest & budget and developing a plan with this coverage.
● I'll get back to you if not available.
● You can also send a note to - Learn@JohnCParker.agency