helping individuals in SE CT not burden their family!
The name I like to use for the special insurance a person can use when "help to get around" is needed on an on going basis.
Why call it Long Term “Health” insurance? Because:
● benefits are available to provide support when your health changes!
Officially this special kind of insurance is Long Term Care insurance.
When you buy a plan to protect your finances:
● You are asked to select — the benefit parts and amounts to fit your situation & interest.
When you own a plan it means, for example:
● Loved ones won't have to assist you 24/7.
● You have a pool of funds to hire professionals to provide needed support,
● Children won't face the difficult & emotional task of helping a parent use the toilet!
getting around and eating, dressing, bathing, going to the toilet, or transferring say from a bed to a chair.
˃ Hire and manage professionals to assist you and then be free to care about you.
You can hear in this video - what some people said about buying a plan because they did not want to burden family!
● Caregivers spend an average of 20 hours.
● There are emotional & physical impacts on Caregiver - PLUS financial!
● 70% of family Caregivers have significant symptoms of depression.
> When you buy a Long Term Health plan, in addition to the benefit you can use — it works like you put an "umbrella" up over your family and finances.
> One big advantage of being at home and in charge it means — you can maintain dignity.
> Having plan funds means they won't have to take funds out of "Mom & Dads" nest egg! Instead your savings can be retained for the healthy parent to continue a lifestyle close to what they had.
Note: Having funds to leave as a legacy says to others - their funds were used to help others not themselves.
Spend time to think about what you would like — to be able to do if:
● You have an accident or a change in health tomorrow and the MDs says —you will need help to get around for 6 to 9 months?
● Frailty develops later in life and you need assistance with your day to day activities.
˃ This page has some ideas on planning for a health change You may find them useful!
● Why? — the cost to buy a plan, so you can hire getting around assistance, goes up each year of age and the yearly step ups are big!
● Thus, I suggest beginning now to take action. — One idea review this page with points on taking action today It shares ideas on how you gain by acting early.
We can review plan parts (benefits) and discuss those you are interested in to meet your personal/unique situation!
I'll get back to you if not available. You can also send a note to - Learn@JohnCParker.agency
Want to emphasize taking time to gain more understanding and sharing information means:
● you can then make a more informed decision.
When you create and apply for the best Long Term Care insurance plan for you it will involve:
● an extensive review of your medical history.
You can see highlights of the application process — here!
John is licensed to conduct business in CT (644135) and does not solicit or sell in other states.
38 Hope St, Unit 1312, Niantic, CT 06357-2454, US
Monday - Friday: 9am - 6pm
Saturday: 10am - 2pm