Owning long term care insurance means professionals can be hired, using the plan's funds, to help with day to day personal activities. Thus, those they love don't have to provide assistance.
When a person's health changes and on going assistance is needed coverage will be available. Since it helps when health changes, I like to call these plans Long Term “Health” insurance.
Taking action to buy means s person can:
● Hire professionals to assist with life functions such as eating, dressing, bathing, going to the toilet, or transferring say from a bed to a chair.
● Avoid becoming a burden on a spouse or children. A couple things:
˃ 70% of family Caregivers have significant symptoms of depression.
˃ People comment in this video - they bought so they would not burden family!
● Protect most of their "hard earned saving nest egg" since the plan creates what can be called a "umbrella" over their funds.
● Continue to be as independent as their health situation allows. Thus, can maintain dignity.
● Be sure conflict won't develop between sons/daughters over having to draw from their patent's nest egg vs retaining funds so the healthy parent can continue a lifestyle close to what they had.
● If single - have a way to leave some nest egg dollars to a favorite organization. Leaving a legacy says to others - their funds helped others not themselves.
Buying also means - children won't face the difficult & emotional task of helping a parent use the toilet since professionals are there! Instead they are free to manage the professionals and care about their parent.
OK! How can a person gain these important values?
The first important step -
● Think about what you would like to have if an accident or a change of health happens. Its also important to talk with family about your desires.
˃ This page has points on planning for a health change.
● The second important step - take action today to buy a plan tailored to your interest and personal/unique situation.
˃ This page has points on the advantages of taking action today e.g. savings!
Call John C Parker today at 860.739.0005 for an appointment. The focus will be to discuss your thoughts & interest and how a plan helps you and your family,
Note: More understanding means a more informed decision can be made on a plan which will be best for you.
I'll get back to you if not available.
You can also send a note to - Learn@JohnCParker.agency
John is licensed to conduct business in CT (644135) and does not solicit or sell in other states.
38 Hope St, Unit 1312, Niantic, CT 06357-2454, US
Monday - Friday: 9am - 6pm
Saturday: 10am - 2pm